- Pharmacists, Nurse Practitioners, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Registered Nurses
This CE activity was developed by The Rx Consultant, a publication of Continuing Education Network, Inc.
CE activities for Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians:
This continuing education (CE) activity meets the requirements of all state boards of pharmacy for approved continuing education hours. CE credit is automatically reported to CPE Monitor.
CE activities for Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Nurse Specialists:
This continuing education activity meets the requirements of:
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for formally approved continuing education (CE) hours, and CE hours of pharmacotherapeutics.
The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCP) for acceptable, accredited CE.
This is a pharmacotherapeutics/pharmacology CE activity.
Continuing Education Network, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Requirements for CE Credit
- Define medication adherence and describe different ways that patients may be nonadherent. Discuss the clinical and economic impact of nonadherence, including its contribution to poor outcomes in chronic disease.
- List risk factors and red flags for medication nonadherence, and describe methods/tools for identifying it.
- Discuss patient-, medication-, condition-, socioeconomic-, provider-, and healthcare system/team-related barriers to medication adherence.
- Describe strategies and resources that healthcare professionals can use to improve medication adherence.
Katherine S. O’Neal, PharmD, MBA, BCACP, CDE, BC-ADM, AE-C
Brief Bio : Katherine S. O’Neal, PharmD, MBA, BCACP, CDE, BC-ADM, AE-C is an Associate Professor at The University of Oklahoma (OU) College of Pharmacy. Dr. O’Neal practices as a clinical pharmacist with OU Physicians General Internal Medicine. Her research efforts focus on patient empowerment and health literacy within diabetes and other ambulatory health conditions.
The CE Activity developed by The Rx Consultant